Defining American Character
Authors talked about “Defining American Character” and their relevant books. After their presentations the panelists… read more
Authors talked about “Defining American Character” and their relevant books. After their presentations the panelists commented on each other’s remarks. Jon Wiener moderated the discussion.
Howard Fineman is the author of The Thirteen American Arguments: Enduring Debates That Define and Inspire Our Country (Random House). Amy Goodman is the co-author of Standing Up to the Madness: Ordinary Heroes in Extraordinary Times (Hyperion). Tom Hayden is the author of Writings for a Democratic Society: The Tom Hayden Reader (City Lights Publishers). Hugh Hewitt is the author of A Mormon in the White House? 10 Things Every American Should Know About Mitt Romney (Regnery Publishing). close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Howard Fineman Senior Correspondent Newsweek->Washington, DC
- Amy Goodman Host and Executive Producer Pacifica Radio->Democracy Now!
- Tom Hayden Member Nation, The->Editorial Board
- Hugh Hewitt Professor Chapman University->School of Law
- Jon Wiener Professor University of California, Irvine->History
More Videos From
[Los Angeles Times] Festival of Books
- Arianna Huffington Interview
- Infamous Lives Panel
- Elizabeth Samet Interview
- Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
- History of Violence Panel
- Laura Schlessinger Interview
- 20th Century History Lessons
- Laura Schlessinger Speech
- Defining American Character
Panel on the Port Huron Statement
Panelists talked about student unrest in the 1960s. Tom Hayden was the original drafter of "The Port Huron Statement",…
After Words with Tom Hayden
Former California State Senator Tom Hayden talked about his book, Writings for a Democratic Society: The Tom Hayden…
Book Discussion on A Mormon in the White House?
Hugh Hewitt talked about his book, A Mormon in the White House? 10 Things Every American Should Know About Mitt…
Religion and Culture Panel
The panelists, moderated by Thane Rosenbaum, debated the topic, “Religion and Culture: Do They Mix?” They…