Infamous Lives Panel
The panelists talked about the creation of "infamy". They spoke on the public perception of those that are categorized as infamous and the… read more
The panelists talked about the creation of "infamy". They spoke on the public perception of those that are categorized as infamous and the options of those that are branded as such for clearing their name.
Kenneth Ackerman wrote Young J. Edgar: Hoover, The Red Scare, and the Assault on Civil Liberties by De Capo Press. Nancy Isenberg wrote Fallen Founder: The Life of Aaron Burr by Viking. Michael Neufeld wrote Von Braun: Dreamer of Space, Engineer of War by Knopf. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Nancy G. Isenberg Professor University of Tulsa->American History
- Michael J. Neufeld Chair National Air and Space Museum->Space History Division
More Videos From
[Los Angeles Times] Festival of Books
- Arianna Huffington Interview
- Infamous Lives Panel
- Elizabeth Samet Interview
- Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
- History of Violence Panel
- Laura Schlessinger Interview
- 20th Century History Lessons
- Laura Schlessinger Speech
- Defining American Character
Global Crisis Points
The panelists talked about historical crises and the decision making processes of leaders in response to them.
Literary California Panel
The panelists talked about Californian history, focusing on the 1900s.
br/ Anthony Arthur wrote Radical Innocent: Upton…
20th Century Lives Panel
A panel discussion on “Biography: 20th Century Lives” was moderated by Mr. A. Scott Berg. The…
The Corridors of Power Panel
A panel discussion was held with some biographers of public figures. Topics included the methodology of biography,…