Examining the Presidency: Carter and Clinton
A panel of political historians talked about their papers on the successes and failures of Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. Itai… read more
A panel of political historians talked about their papers on the successes and failures of Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
Itai Sneh talked about his paper about President Carter called “Misppointments Causing Disappointments: How One President’s Failure to Make Good Appointments Doomed His Foreign Policy” and his book The Future Almost Arrived: How Jimmy Carter Failed to Change U.S. Foreign Policy (Peter Lang Publishing; February 2008).
Amnon Cavari’s paper about President Carter was called “Representing the Nation - Leading the Party.”
Lara Brown talked about her paper called “Through the Briar Patch: Presidential Opportunism and William J. Clinton’s Presidency” and her forthcoming book Potential Presidents: Aspirants, Parties, and the Politics of Opportunity.
Donna Hoffman talked about the paper she co-wrote with Alison Howard, “Clinton and Americorps: Attributes for Success.”
After the presentations were made, the panelists responded to questions from members of the audience. Panelist Alison Howard responded to questions. Richard Pious asked questions from the audience.
This was the afternoon session of the second day of the Massachusetts School of Law Conference Series “Chasing Success or Courting Failure: An In-Depth Look at the Attributes an American President Must Possess for Success.” close
People in this video
- Lara Michelle Brown Assistant Professor Villanova University->Political Science
- Amnon Cavari Instructor University of Wisconsin-Madison->Political Science
- Gary R. Donato Adjunct Assistant Professor Bentley College->International Studies
- Donna R. Hoffman Associate Professor University of Northern Iowa->Political Science
- Alison D. Howard Instructor Dominican University of California->Political Science
- Richard M. Pious Professor Barnard College->Political Science
- Itai Nartzizenfield Sneh Assistant Professor City University of New York->History
Examining the Presidency
Thomas Martin moderated a panel discussion on the presidencies of Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin Delano…
Examining the Presidency: Constitutional Issues
A panel discussion was held on the historical foundations the American presidency and restoring a constitutional…
Attributes of Successful Presidents, Part 4
The Massachusetts College of Law hosted historians and political scientists to explore successful and unsuccessful…
The Clinton Presidency
Scholars of the Clinton administration spoke at the plenary session of the 11th Hofstra Presidential Conference,…