Consumer Generation Panel
Authors talked about their books and how technology and marketing effect the young generation. They also responded to questions from… read more
Authors talked about their books and how technology and marketing effect the young generation. They also responded to questions from members of the audience. Eric Zorn moderated the discussion.
Mark Bauerlein is the author of The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (Or, Don’t Trust Anyone Under 30 (Tarcher; May 15, 2008). Rob Walker is the author of Buying In: The Secret Dialogue Between What We Buy and Who We Are (Random House; June 3, 2008). close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bauerlein, Mark Professor Emory University->American Literature
- Dizon, Michael Manager Chicago Tribune->Communications
More Videos From
Printers Row Book Fair
- Consumer Generation Panel
- Campaign 2008 Panel
- Book Discussion on War Journal: My Five Years in Iraq
- Book Discussion on Mr. Gatling's Terrible Marvel
- Book Discussion on What the Gospels Meant
- Book Discussion on Critical: What We Can Do About the Health Care Crisis
Book Discussion on Critical: What We Can Do About the Health Care Crisis
Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, author of Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis, talked…
Book Discussion on Mr. Gatling's Terrible Marvel
Julia Keller talked about her book Mr. Gatling’s Terrible Marvel: The Gun That Changed Everything and the…
Campaign 2008 Panel
Panelists talked about the presidential election campaigns of Senators Barack Obama and John McCain. Topics…
Orville Burton and Richard Brookhiser talked about their books with Gary Johnson.
Orville Vernon Burton is the…