Book Discussion on Nixonland
Rick Perlstein talked about the relationship between President Richard Nixon and the youth counter-culture. He said that the riots and… read more
Rick Perlstein talked about the relationship between President Richard Nixon and the youth counter-culture. He said that the riots and turmoil of the time gave notoriety to President Nixon while at the same time leading to his landslide win in 1972. He discussed his book with Elizabeth Taylor. He answered questions from members of the audience.
Rick Perlstein wrote Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America by Scribner. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dizon, Michael Manager Chicago Tribune->Communications
- Perlstein, Eric "Rick" S. Senior Fellow Campaign for America's Future
- Taylor, Elizabeth Literary Editor Chicago Tribune
More Videos From
2008 Printers Row Book Fair
- Book Discussion on Ida: A Sword Among Lions
- Book Discussion on Nixonland
- Book Discussion on Clinton in Exile
- Crime and Punishment Panel
- Book Discussion on A People's History of American Empire
- Book Discussion on The Pact: Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich...
Book Discussion on Ida: A Sword Among Lions
Paula Giddings talked about her book Ida: A Sword Among Lions, Ida B. Wells and the Campaign Against Lynching,…
Orville Burton and Richard Brookhiser talked about their books with Gary Johnson.
Orville Vernon Burton is the…
Crime and Punishment Panel
Authors talked about their books about the judicial system. After each made a presentation, Steven Mills moderated…
Book Discussion on A People's History of American Empire
Paul Buhle and Mike Konopacki talked about the graphic history book they wrote with Howard Zinn, A People’s…