Senator Mark Pryor chaired a hearing on the impact of spyware on computer performance and privacy, the security risks of this software, and the policy implications of spyware regulation on consumers and businesses.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Arthur Butler Attorney Americans for Fair Electronic Commerce Transactions
- Jerry Cerasale Senior Vice President Direct Marketing Association->Government Affairs
- Benjamin G. Edelman Assistant Professor Harvard University->Business Administration
- Eileen Harrington Deputy Director Federal Trade Commission->Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Marc Rotenberg President and Executive Director Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Vincent Weafer Vice President Symantec Corporation->Security Response
- Bill Nelson U.S. Senator [D] Florida
- Mark Pryor U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- David Vitter U.S. Senator [R] Louisiana
Unsolicited Electronic Mail Legislation
Panelists talked about the proliferation of unsolicited commercial e-mail known as “spam” and about…
Oversight of Telemarketing Practices
A hearing was held on the oversight of telemarketing practices. The hearing focused on major consumer protection…
Protecting Children on the Internet
Witnesses testify about protecting children from indecent material on the Internet.
Cellular Telephone Number Privacy
Witnesses testified before the committee about cellular telephone communications. They discussed signal…