International Support for Palestine
The Berlin Conference in Support of Palestinian Civil Security and the Rule of Law was held in the Federal Foreign Office in… read more
The Berlin Conference in Support of Palestinian Civil Security and the Rule of Law was held in the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin. German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and German Chancellor Angela Merkel made opening statements. Palestinian and Israeli officials spoke at the conference along with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Middle East Envoy Tony Blair.
International donors committed $242 million to aid Palestinian police and justice systems. The money will be passed to the Palestinian Authority over the next three years.
Some German with English translation.
Courtesy of Phoenix TV (Germany). close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Blair, Tony Special Envoy United Nations->Middle East Quartet
- Fayyad, Salam Prime Minister Palestinian Authority
- Livni, Tzipi Foreign Minister Israel
- Merkel, Angela Chancellor Germany (Christian Democratic Union)
- Rice, Condoleezza Secretary Department of State
- Solana, Javier Secretary-General European Union Council
- Steinmeier, Frank-Walter Foreign Minister Germany
- Wiktorowitsch, Lavrow Foreign Minister Russia
Middle East Peace Process
Representatives of the Middle East “Quartet” spoke to reporters after a meeting to discuss recent…
Secretary Rice and Chancellor Merkel spoke to reporters about the state of relations between the two…
Secretary Rice and Vice Chancellor Steinmeier spoke to the press after their meeting. Topics included efforts to…
Tom Lantos Memorial Service
A memorial service was held in Statuary Hall to honor Committee on Foreign Affairs Chairman Tom Lantos (D-CA) who died…