Campaign 2008 and the Progressive Agenda
Former Senator John Edwards delivered the keynote address at the opening plenary session of the 2008 Campus Progress National… read more
Former Senator John Edwards delivered the keynote address at the opening plenary session of the 2008 Campus Progress National Conference. He spoke aboutyouth political participation, progressive political issues, and the 2008 presidential elections in his remarks titled “The Challenge of Reducing Poverty.” He responded to questions from audience members.
After a video there were remarks by David Halperin and Erica Williams.
“What’s Next? Transforming youth voting into youth power” was a panel discussion moderated by Ben Adler. The panelists spoke about youth participation in the political process, acting at both the national and state levels, and various issues of concern to youth voters. They responded to questions from audience members.
People in this video
- Rebecca Buckwalter-Poza Member Campus Progress->Student Advisory Board
- Amanda B. Carpenter National Correspondent Townhall.com->Politics
- John Edwards Founding Director University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill->Center on Poverty, Work and Opportunity
- David Halperin Director Center for American Progress->Campus Progress
- Heather C. McGhee Deputy Policy Director (Former) Edwards Presidential Campaign
- Maria Teresa Petersen Founding Executive Director Voto Latino
- Erica L. Williams Manager Campus Progress->Policy and Advocacy
Youth and Civic Participation
Participants spoke about youth participation in the political process and issues of concern to those youth. Among…
Becoming a Journalist
Moderated by Mr. Dionne, the closing plenary session consisted of panel members discussing the topic, “Why…
The Press and Democracy
Campus Progress held a national conference for journalism students at the headquarters of Center for American…
Campus Progress Conference, Afternoon Plenary
Campus Progress, the youth division for the Center for American Progress, held its annual national…