The Senate passed the revised Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), H. R. 6304, by a vote of 69 to 28.
Senator Edward Kennedy was greeted upon his return to the floor after a medical absence.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Burr, Richard U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Coburn, Thomas "Tom" A. M.D. U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Cornyn, John U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Dole, Elizabeth U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Durbin, Richard "Dick" J. U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Grassley, Charles "Chuck" E. U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Hatch, Orrin U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Hutchison, Kay Bailey U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Isakson, John "Johnny" U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Kyl, Jon U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Martinez, Mel U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- McConnell, Mitch Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Reid, Harry U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Rockefeller, John "Jay" D. IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Schumer, Charles E. U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Sessions, Jefferson "Jeff" U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
More Videos From
Senators on Stimulus Compromise Statement
Senators spoke to reporters about negotiations over economic stimulus legislation and a compromise on a stimulus…
Children\'s Health Insurance Program Veto
Senators reacted to the veto of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) bill.
The Senate convened and resumed consideration of H.R.6304, FISA Amendments Act of 2008.
The Senate convened and began a period of morning business. The Declaration of Independence was read into the…