The Senate passed the revised Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), H. R. 6304, by a vote of 69 to 28.
Senator Edward Kennedy was greeted upon his return to the floor after a medical absence.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
Bills in this VideoMore Bills
People in this video
- Richard Burr U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Thomas "Tom" A. Coburn M.D. U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- John Cornyn U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Elizabeth Dole U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Dick Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Chuck Grassley U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Kay Bailey Hutchison U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Johnny Isakson U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Jon Kyl U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Mel Martinez U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Jay Rockefeller IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Chuck Schumer U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Jeff Sessions U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
More Videos From
Senators on Stimulus Compromise Statement
Senators spoke to reporters about negotiations over economic stimulus legislation and a compromise on a stimulus…
Children\'s Health Insurance Program Veto
Senators reacted to the veto of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) bill.
The Senate convened and resumed consideration of H.R.6304, FISA Amendments Act of 2008.
The Senate convened and began a period of morning business. The Declaration of Independence was read into the…