National Governors Association Closing Session
The closing session of the National Governors Association’s Centennial Meeting highlighted the possibilities of clean energy… read more
The closing session of the National Governors Association’s Centennial Meeting highlighted the possibilities of clean energy technology and innovation. Richard Lester talked about what he thinks are the most promising technologies, the ways industrial policy can help advance these technologies, and the role states can play in moving the country towards a cleaner energy future. Following his speech, Mr. Lester responded to governors' questions.
This session closed NGA Chair Tim Pawlenty’s Securing a Clean Energy Future Initiative and introduced Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell as the new chair. Governor Rendell talked about his initiative for rebuilding the country’s infrastructure.
“Clean Energy Technology: What’s Here and What’s Coming” was the closing plenary session of the National Governors Association’s Centennial Meeting. It was held at the Westin Hotel.
The program begins during Governor Pawlenty’s introductory remarks. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James "Jim" H. Douglas Governor Vermont
- Dave Freudenthal Governor [D] Wyoming
- Jennifer M. Granholm Governor Michigan
- Jon M. Huntsman Jr. Governor [R] Utah
- Nolan Jones Deputy Director National Governors Association->Federal Relations
- Richard K. Lester Founding Director Massachusetts Institute of Technology->Industrial Performance Center
- Joe Manchin III Governor [D] West Virginia
- Ruth Ann Minner Governor [D] Delaware
- Sarah Palin Governor [R] Alaska
- Tim Pawlenty Chair National Governors Association
- Edward "Ed" G. Rendell Governor Pennsylvania
National Governors Association: Innovation
Former President Clinton gave a keynote speech at the centennial meeting of the National Governors Association. In…
National Governors Association Opening Session
Ceremonies were held in recognition of the Centennial Meeting of the National Governors Association (NGA).…
States and Energy Dependence
Governors and panelists discussed clean energy and maintaining reliability and affordability in energy production while…
Health Care and the Economy
Vermont Governor James Douglas and West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin talked about health care and the…