Thomas Confirmation Hearing Day 6, Part 3
Mr. Griswold and Mr. Brown opposed the confirmation of Judge Thomas, saying he has a poor civil rights record. Mr. Calabresi testified in support of Judge Thomas.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Brown, William Co-Bureau Chief Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Calabresi, Guido Dean Yale University->Law School
- Griswold, Erwin Solicitor General (Former) Department of Justice
- King, Patricia Professor Georgetown University Law Center
- Lichtman, Judith President Women's Legal Defense Fund
- Biden, Joseph "Joe" R. Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Brown, George "Hank" Hanks U.S. Senator [R] Colorado
- Grassley, Charles "Chuck" E. U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Specter, Arlen U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Thurmond, James "Strom" Strom U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
Thomas Confirmation Hearing Day 6, Part 4
The witnesses testified in strong opposition to the Supreme Court confirmation of Judge Clarence Thomas. They were…
Thomas Confirmation Hearing Day 6, Part 2
The witnesses testified in support of Judge Thomas in his confirmation hearings. Several of them shared personal…
Thomas Confirmation Hearing Day 6, Part 5
A panel of witnesses who are personally acquainted with Judge Thomas testified in favor of his confirmation as…
Thomas Confirmation Hearing Day 6, Part 1
The panel of law professors opposed Judge Thomas in his Supreme Court confirmation hearing.