Scientific Fraud, Misconduct, & the Federal Response
The subcommittee held a hearing on the reponse of the federal government, in particular the National Institute of Health, and universities… read more
The subcommittee held a hearing on the reponse of the federal government, in particular the National Institute of Health, and universities to allegations of fraudulent scientific research. Witnesses, who had reported and investigated instances of research fraud, testified about their work and the impact of publishing falsified results.
The full subcommittee hearing did not air on C-SPAN. This video contains the portion that was broadcast. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ned Feder Scientist National Institutes of Health
- Jerome Jacobstein Director of Nuclear Medicine University of Pennsylvania->Graduate Hospital
- Robert Sprague Professor University of Illinois->Institute for Research on Human Development
- Walter Stewart Scientist National Institutes of Health
- June Price Tangney Lecturer Bryn Mawr College->Human Development
- John Conyers Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- Theodore "Ted" Weiss U.S. Representative [D] New York