Medicare and Long Term Care
The speakers talked about a variety of issues related to long term medical care and Medicare. They discussed the problem of financing and insurance as well as possible new legislation that would change the current system of paying for long term care.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Wendy Coughlan Assistant U.S. Senate->Dodd, C. (D-CT)
- John Crosby Representative American Medical Association
- Tom Gustaffson Representative Health Care Financing Administration
- William Lessard Representative National Cmte. to Preserve Social Secur.& Medicare
- Edwin Stropko Representative General Accounting Office
The Future of Health Care
Ms. Berry discussed the special health care needs of older Americans. She talked about the many government…
Health Care Issues
The speakers discussed a variety of health care issues including financing, national health insurance, and quality of…
The Politics of Health Care
Senator Mitchell talked about how health care issues are dealt with in Congress. He talked about the right of all…
By voice vote, the Senate passed S. 5, to grant employees family and temporary medical leave under certain…