Credit Availability and Economic Recovery
The House Task Force on Urgent Fiscal Issues met to discuss the credit shortage in the U.S. and whether it is stifling America’s… read more
The House Task Force on Urgent Fiscal Issues met to discuss the credit shortage in the U.S. and whether it is stifling America’s economic recovery. Witnesses included financier Donald Trump and the former chairman of the FDIC, William Seidman, who testified on the current recession and proposals to spur economic growth and investment. Witnesses also included representatives of the administration and industries affected by the shortage of credit, including construction firms and real estate developers. close
People in this video
- Robert Baker Chairman and CEO National Realty and Development Corp.
- Frank Rivera Representative Puertorriquenos Asociados for Comm. Org.
- James Rose President Iceland
- L. William Seidman Chairman (Former) Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Donald J. Trump President Trump Organization
- George Vallone Founder West Bank Construction Corporation
- David M. Walker Assistant Secretary Department of Labor->Pension and Welfare Benefits Admin.
- Steven Wechsler President National Realty Committee
Cost of Banking Reform
The committee heard testimony on the cost of the government’s bailouts of savings and loans and…
Restructuring of Banking Industry
The committee heard testimony on methods of restructuring the U.S. banking system. In particular, the committee…
From Recession to Reinvesting in America
The National Rainbow Coalition and the Citizen Education Fund sponsored a forum on domestic issues in America entitled,…
National Banking Policies
The subcommittee heard testimony on legislation that would eliminate insurance protection for banking deposits over the…