Credit Availability and Economic Recovery
The House Task Force on Urgent Fiscal Issues met to discuss the credit shortage in the U.S. and whether it is stifling America’s… read more
The House Task Force on Urgent Fiscal Issues met to discuss the credit shortage in the U.S. and whether it is stifling America’s economic recovery. Witnesses included financier Donald Trump and the former chairman of the FDIC, William Seidman, who testified on the current recession and proposals to spur economic growth and investment. Witnesses also included representatives of the administration and industries affected by the shortage of credit, including construction firms and real estate developers. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert Baker Chairman and CEO National Realty and Development Corp.
- Frank Rivera Representative Puertorriquenos Asociados for Comm. Org.
- James Rose President Iceland
- L. William Seidman Chairman (Former) Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Donald Trump President Trump Organization
- George Vallone Founder West Bank Construction Corporation
- David M. Walker Assistant Secretary Department of Labor->Pension and Welfare Benefits Admin.
- Steven Wechsler President National Realty Committee
Presidential Economic Proposals
The witnesses testified about the long-term effects of the president’s plan to revitalize the U.S. economy.
Savings and Loan Cleanup
Mr. Seidman briefed reporters on the progress of the savings and loan cleanup, which is being conducted by the…
Reports on Real Estate Indicators and Trends
Mr. Seidman presented two reports on real estate conditions, indicators and trends. These reports are…
Cost of Banking Reform
The committee heard testimony on the cost of the government’s bailouts of savings and loans and…