Tribute to Lady Bird Johnson
In a special ceremony Speaker Wright and members of Congress praised former first lady, Lady Bird Johnson for her public service,… read more
In a special ceremony Speaker Wright and members of Congress praised former first lady, Lady Bird Johnson for her public service, especially for improving the quality of life in the U.S. through landscape beautification. The House Clerk read the House Resolution passed April 26 honoring Lady Bird Johnson for her services to Head Start, highway beautification, and many other conservation efforts. She was presented with a framed copy of the resolution, following which she spoke a few words of thanks.
Music was provided by the U.S. Naval Academy Glee Club. close
People in this video
- Boggs, Corinne "Lindy" Claiborne U.S. Representative [D] Louisiana
- Brooks, Jack U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Gonzalez, Henry B. U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Johnson, Lady Bird First Lady (Former) United States
- Pickle, J.J. "JJ" U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Wright, James "Jim" C. Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Texas
CR, pp. H4355-H4429. The House disagreed to the Senate amendment to H.R. 4567, to make appropriations for energy…
The House agreed to H. Res. 562, authorizing the use of depositions in connection with an impeachment inquiry of…
The House passed H.R. 3299 which provides for reconciliation pursuant to section 5 of the concurrent resolution on the…
Beginning of Second Session of the 99th Congress
Congress began the second session of the 99th Congress. Representative expressed their views on various measures.