The committee investigated whether reduced federal funding for tuberculosis research has contributed to an increase in tuberculosis cases. They heard testimony from health organization officials.
People in this video
- Bloom, Barry Professor Einstein (Albert) College of Medicine
- El-Sadr, Wafaa Director Harlem Hospital Center->Infectious Diseases Division
- Fauci, Anthony S. M.D. Director National Inst. Allergy and Infect. Disease
- Pendergast, Mary Senior Adviser Food and Drug Administration
- Roper, William Director Centers for Disease Control->Public Health Service
- Russell, Barbara Director Baptist Hospital->Infection Control
- Starke, Jeffrey Director Baylor College of Medicine->Children's TB Clinic
AIDS Prevention Efforts
The subcommittee heard testimony from health care providers and legislators on the government’s prevention…
The committee heard testimony on the spread of measles, a “childhood” disease which poses a grave threat to…
Child Health Care Issues
The committee discusses biomedical research and development for maternal and child health welfare.
The Senate special committee on aging heard testimony on the proposed Medicare part B premium increase. Witnesses…