National Arts Endowment Appropriations P.M.
The subcommittee continued to hear testimony from artists, arts executives, and state and local governments on the fiscal year 1993… read more
The subcommittee continued to hear testimony from artists, arts executives, and state and local governments on the fiscal year 1993 appropriations for the National Endowment for the Arts. Testimony included the results of a poll from the Lou Harris polling organization, which found the majority of Americans in favor of government support for the arts. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kathy Halbreich Director Minneapolis, MN->Walker Arts Center
- Lou Harris Pollster Lou Harris and Associates
- Lloyd Herrold Vice Chairman Wisconsin Arts Board
- Michael Kelley Chairman and CEO Kelco Industries
- Kathryn Martin Dean University of Illinois->School of Fine and Performing Arts
- Kelly McGillis Actress
- David Rhodes President New York School of Visual Arts
- Jac Venza Executive Director Great Performances
- Sam Waterston Actor
- Marianne Wiggins
National Arts Endowment Appropriations A.M.
The subcommittee heard testimony from artists, state and local officials on the fiscal year 1993 appropriation for the…
Funding for the Arts
Various artists and others testified about funding for the arts and the importance of the arts in all areas of…
Funding for National Endowment for the Arts
Members of the Senate debated an amendment to the Interior Authorization bill introduced by Sen. Helms that would…
National Endowment for the Arts Funding
The subcommittee heard testimony from many members of the arts community. Mr. Bates played a piano solo,…