Comcast High-Speed Internet Management
The Federal Communications Commission held an open meeting in which an order were made for the assessment of fees to cover the… read more
The Federal Communications Commission held an open meeting in which an order were made for the assessment of fees to cover the commission’s 2008 regulatory costs. Then the commission ruled on a complaint filed by the group Free Press and Public Knowledge that Comcast Corporation secretly discriminated against customers using peer-to-peer file-sharing applications by degrading their high-speed Internet service. The commission reprimanded Comcast for unreasonable network management practices that violate Internet policies and ordered Internet service providers to disclose their network management techniques to consumers and regulators.
At the conclusion of the meeting the commission’s interns and law clerks were introduced. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jonathan S. Adelstein Commissioner Federal Communications Commission
- Michael J. Copps Commissioner Federal Communications Commission
- Anthony J. Dale Managing Director Federal Communications Commission
- Kevin J. Martin Chairman Federal Communications Commission
- Robert M. McDowell Commissioner Federal Communications Commission
- Mika Sevir Legal Adviser Federal Communications Commission->Office of Managing Director
- Dana R. Shaffer Bureau Chief Federal Communications Commission->Wireline Competition
- Deborah Taylor Tate Commissioner Federal Communications Commission
Public Airwaves Auction
The Federal Communications Commission held a meeting to set the rules governing the auction of public airwaves to be…
Future of Broadband and Digital Media
The Federal Communications Commission held a public hearing in McConomy Auditorium at Carnegie Mellon University in…
Broadband Network Management Practices
The Federal Communications Commission held a public en banc hearing regarding broadband network management…
Media Ownership Rules Part 1
In an open commission meeting members considered wireless telecommunications and media ownership rules.
There was a…