A panel discussion was held on the conflict in Georgia. David Bakradze, Georgia’s Parliament chairman, participated via… read more
A panel discussion was held on the conflict in Georgia. David Bakradze, Georgia’s Parliament chairman, participated via teleconference. He provided an update on the situation in Georgia, and responded to questions from the panel and audience. Topics in the panel discussion included what should be done to ensure future peace in the region and what NATO actions would impact Russian behavior. Panel member responded to questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bakradze, David Chairman Georgia (Republic of)->Parliament
- Burns, R. Nicholas Undersecretary (Former) Department of State->Political Affairs
- Kempe, Frederick President and CEO Atlantic Council of the U.S.
- Pickering, Thomas R. Ambassador (Former) United States->Russian Republic
- Sikharulildze, Vasil Ambassador Georgia (Republic of)->United States, Canda, and Mexico
Panelists spoke about the current conflict between Russia and Georgia over separatist regions of Georgia, as well as…
David Bakradze talked about the Russia-Georgia Conflict and responded to telephone calls and electronic…
NATO Expansion and Georgia-Russia Conflict
As conflicting reports emerge from Georgia over the status of Russian troops there, David Rothkopf examined…
U.S. Role in Russia-Georgia Conflict
Ariel Cohen talked about the latest on the situation between Russia and Georgia, and he responded to telephone calls…