Forty Years of African American Publishing
The panel talked about the development, challenges, and direction of African American Publishing. They focused on the implications of… read more
The panel talked about the development, challenges, and direction of African American Publishing. They focused on the implications of publishers focusing on "urban publishing".
“40 Years of African American Publishing” was a panel at the 10th annual Harlem Book Fair. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Hudson, Cheryl Willis Co-Founder Just Us Books
- Hudson, Wade Co-Founder Just Us Books
- Rodriguez, Max Founder QBR The Black Book Review
- Rose, Tony Publisher & CEO Amber Communications Group
More Videos From
2008 Harlem Book Fair
- Forty Years of African American Publishing
- Bicentennial of the Abolition of Transatlantic Slave Trade to the U.S.
Publishers talked about the history of African-American publishing. Topics included the longer than 40-year…
Harlem Book Fair
Live coverage from the 10th annual Harlem Book Fair included:
Schedule of Coverage:
11:15 am - 12:30 pm ET - 40 Years…
Diversity in Children's and Young Adult Publishing
Panelists discussed the problem of creating greater racial diversity in the production of children’s…
Phillis Wheatley Book Awards
The presentation of the Phillis Wheatley Book Awards opened the 12th annual Harlem Book Fair. The award, named for…