The Home Foreclosure Crisis
A forum was held on the impact of the home foreclosure crisis on older Americans. The first panel talked about the background of… read more
A forum was held on the impact of the home foreclosure crisis on older Americans. The first panel talked about the background of foreclosure, the demographics being impacted, and the unique experience of older Americans. The second panel talked about ways to alleviate and solve the problems of home foreclosures along with the implications of the failures of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Both panels answered questions from the audience.
This AARP Solutions Forum was held at the Reserve Officers Association in Washington, D.C. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William Apgar Assistant Secretary (Acting) Department of Housing and Urban Development->Office of Policy Development and Research
- Michael S. Barr Senior Fellow Center for American Progress Action Fund
- Martin J. Gruenberg Vice Chairman Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Kathleen Keest Senior Policy Adviser Center for Responsible Lending
- David G. Kittle Chairman Mortgage Bankers Association of America->Board of Directors
- Susan Reinhard Senior Vice President and Director AARP->Public Policy Institute
- Marietta Rodriguez Director Neighborworks America
- Alison Shelton Strategist Democratic Party
- Robin Talbert President White House->Cabinet Room
- Diane Thompson Counsel National Consumer Law Center
More Videos From
AARP Public Policy Institute
Home Foreclosure Relief
House Committee on Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank talked about the impact of the home foreclosure crisis on…
Mortgage and Foreclosure Practices
The hearing was held to investigate the role of mortgage servicing in the foreclosure crisis, focusing specifically on…
Campaign 2008 and the Federal Deficit
The economic proposals of Senators John McCain and Barack Obama were examined in a panel discussion on the economic…
Panelists talked about the U.S. economy and the housing market.