Role of Derivatives in Current Financial Crisis
The Senate Agriculture Committee held a hearing on the role of derivatives in the current financial crisis and regulatory issues pertaining… read more
The Senate Agriculture Committee held a hearing on the role of derivatives in the current financial crisis and regulatory issues pertaining to them. Credit swaps and derivatives function in many respects like futures contracts traded on exchanges regulated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. The Senate Agriculture Committee hearing explored the scope of the CFTC’s authority under existing law and whether this authority is adequate in the wake of the current financial crisis. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Black, William K. Associate Professor University of Missouri, Kansas City->Economics and Law
- Dinallo, Eric R. Superintendent New York State Insurance Dept.
- Duffy, Terrence A. Executive Chair Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group->Board
- Lindsey, Richard R. President and CEO Callcott Group
- Pickel, Robert G. Executive Director and CEO International Swaps and Derivatives Association
- Radhakrishnan, Ananda K. Director Commodity Futures Trading Commission->Division of Clearing and Intermediary Oversight
- Short, Johnathan H. General Counsel Intercontinental Exchange
- Crapo, Michael "Mike" U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- Harkin, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Lincoln, Blanche Lambert U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Lugar, Richard "Dick" G. U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
Credit Derivatives in the U.S. Economy
A hearing was held to examine possible ways to establish clearinghouses or other regulatory measures for the credit…
MF Global Bankruptcy Investigation, Panel 3
Witnesses testified about the bankruptcy of the financial firm MF Global.
Impact of Dodd-Frank Financial Regulations
Witnesses testified on the ongoing implementation of the Dodd-Frank financial regulations law. U.S. futures…
MF Global and Peregrine Financial Bankruptcies, Panel 2
Witnesses testified on at the bankruptcy of MF Global. The panel also reviewed the recent collapse of Peregrine…