Employment and Economic Recovery
The House Education and Labor Committee held a hearing titled “Building an Economic Recovery Package: Creating and Preserving Jobs in… read more
The House Education and Labor Committee held a hearing titled “Building an Economic Recovery Package: Creating and Preserving Jobs in America.” Witnesses testified about strategies to stimulate the economy by the creation and preservation of stable, well-paying jobs. Possible actions include investing in repairing the national infrastructure, renewable energy, and education.
Panelists also testified about the financial problems facing the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation by the loss of value to its investments in stock and mortgage-backed securities. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Beach, William W. Director Heritage Foundation->Center for Data Analysis
- Bernstein, Jared Director Economic Policy Institute->Living Standards Program
- Blackwell, Ron Chief Economist AFL-CIO
- Hansen, Christopher President and CEO AeA
- Millard, Charles E. F. Director Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Pollin, Robert N. Founding Co-Director Political Economy Research Institute
- Stevens, Dana Resident Thorofare, NJ
- Courtney, Joseph "Joe" D. U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Loebsack, Dave "David" U.S. Representative [D] Iowa
- Miller, George U.S. Representative [D] California
- Sarbanes, John P. U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Woolsey, Lynn U.S. Representative [D] California
End of Session News Conference
Congressional leaders talked about the results of a year of Democratic control. Topics included ethics reform, tax…
Participants spoke about the state of the economy and jobs creation proposals being considered by Congress.
Improving the Quality of Teachers
Witnesses testified about educational achievement, methods for improved learning, and retention of high quality…
Education and the Workforce Committee Agenda
Rep. George Miller, incoming House Education and the Workforce Committee chairman, held a press conference on…