Stimulus for Economic Recovery
Economists and business leaders testified about the state of the economy, indications of faltering economic growth, and policy options for… read more
Economists and business leaders testified about the state of the economy, indications of faltering economic growth, and policy options for economic stimulus. Topics included the recent release by the Bureau of Economic Analysis of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) numbers for the third quarter, the complexity of the financial crisis and impact on the overall economy, instability in credit markets, and potential government action during economic recessions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Elijah Cummings U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Vincent DeMarco President Maryland Citizens' Health Initiative
- Donald C. Fry President and CEO Greater Baltimore Committee
- Joseph Haskins Jr. Chairman, President, and CEO Harbor Bank of Maryland
- Maurice Hinchey U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Simon Johnson Senior Fellow Peterson Institute for International Economics
- J. Steven Landefeld Director Department of Commerce->Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Carolyn Maloney U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Nouriel Roubini Professor New York University->Stern (Leonard N.) School of Business
- Richard K. Vedder Visiting Scholar American Enterprise Institute
More Videos From
Joint Economic Committee
Joint Economic Committee - Rep. Maloney Questions
Rep. Maloney asked a panel of economic experts if the US was in an economic recession.
Future of U.S. Economy and Financial Markets
Nouriel Roubini, an economist who predicted the depth and magnitude of the current financial situation before the…
Representative Fudge was sworn into office.