The New Presidency and the Press
A panel discussion was held about the relationship between the press and the presidency and the role of the media in the presidential… read more
A panel discussion was held about the relationship between the press and the presidency and the role of the media in the presidential election. Topics included the role of the media in politics, how the media covered the 2008 presidential election, and the then-President-elect Obama administration.
“Politics and Pundits: The Promises of the New Presidency and the Press” was an American Forum held on WAMU radio. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Lynch, Dotty Executive in Residence American University->School of Communication
- Martinez, Gebe Contributing Columnist Politico
- McDonald, Mark Senior Program Director WAMU-FM, Washington, DC
- Romm, Tony Editor Eagle, The (American University)->Politics@theEagle
- Rosenstiel, Tom Director Pew Research Project for Excellence in Journalism
- Schieffer, Bob Host CBS->Face the Nation
Bias in Political Reporting
Audio is poor during small group discussions (15 minutes).
Book Discussion on Bob Schieffer's America
Bob Schieffer talked about his latest book Bob Schieffer’s America, published by Putnam Adult. In this book,…
Book Discussion on Snark
David Denby talked about Snark: It’s Mean, It’s Personal, and It’s Ruining Our Conversation (Simon…
CSIS: NATO's 60th Anniversary, Panel on the Future of the Alliance