The Senate convened and began a period of morning business. Thereafter, the Senate resumed consideration of the motion to proceed to… read more
The Senate convened and began a period of morning business.
Thereafter, the Senate resumed consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R.6867, the Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008.
Senator Stevens delivered a farewell speech in the Senate chambers. He was the longest-serving Republican senator with six terms in office. He lost a close reelection campaign amid controversy over his conviction of corruption charges.
Visit C-SPAN’s Congressional Chronicle at www.c-span.org/congress for timeline viewing. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Patty Murray U.S. Senator [D] Washington
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Chuck Schumer U.S. Senator [D] New York
More Videos From
- Tribute to Senator Gordon Smith
- Tribute to Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK)
- Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) Farewell