Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Industry Analysts and Academics
Witnesses testified about business practices and operations at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that eventually led to their takeover by the… read more
Witnesses testified about business practices and operations at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that eventually led to their takeover by the federal government. They focused on risk management practices and warnings to key company executives about the hazards of the subprime mortgage markets and over extension of credit to home buyers. They also talked about the housing industry and its role in the current financial crisis. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles W. Calomiris Professor Columbia University->Financial Institutions
- Arnold Kling Senior Economist (Former) Freddie Mac
- Edward Pinto Chief Credit Officer (Former) Federal National Mortgage Association
- Thomas H. Stanton Fellow Johns Hopkins University->Center for the Study of American Govt.
- Brian P. Bilbray U.S. Representative [R] California
- Darrell Issa U.S. Representative [R] California
- William "Bill" Sali U.S. Representative [R] Idaho
- Edolphus Towns U.S. Representative [D] New York
More Videos From
House Oversight and Gov't Reform Cmte: Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Former Executives
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Industry Analysts and Academics
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Former Executives
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held a hearing on the financial collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie…
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Hearing Reaction
Telephone lines were open for an oversight hearing on operations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Oversight of Loan Originators
Witnesses testified about the Federal Housing Administration’s oversight of loan originators. Topics…
Reaction to Financial Market Oversight
After the first of five hearings on financial market oversight testimony, telephone lines were open for comments.