Methane in the Martian Atmosphere
NASA scientists briefed reporters and answered questions about the discovery and possible sources of methane in the Martian atmosphere.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Shushil K. Atreya Director University of Michigan->Planetary Science Lab
- Michael A. Meyer Lead Scientist NASA->Mars Exploration Program
- Michael J. Mumma Director NASA->Goddard Center for Astrobiology
- Lisa M. Pratt Professor Indiana University->Geological Sciences
- Geronimo Villanueva Scientist NASA->Goddard Space Flight Center
Mars Science Laboratory
NASA officials talked about the agency’s Mars Science Laboratory. The MSL mission would assess a variety of…
Extra-Solar Planet Discovery
NASA reported a significant discovery about planets orbiting other stars made by the Hubble Space Telescope’s…
Science Update on Mercury Flyby
A panel of scientists who have worked on the MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry, and Ranging (MESSENGER)…
NASA First 50 Years: A Historical Perspective
Howard McCurdy talked about NASA’s first 50 years and the possibilities for the future.