Overview of Military Commissions
After welcoming remarks, panelists gave an overview of military commission operations and practices. Among the topics they addressed… read more
After welcoming remarks, panelists gave an overview of military commission operations and practices. Among the topics they addressed were the rules and precedents for conducting military tribunals, issues facing current prosecution and defense teams for the trials of suspected terrorists detained at U.S. facilities, and the legal foundation for the tribunal system. They also answered questions from members of the audience.
American University Washington College of Law and the college’s National Institute of Military Justice held a day-long conference examining the jurisprudence of the military commissions under the Military Commissions Act of 2006. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Louis Fisher Legal Specialist Library of Congress->Law Library
- Claudio Grossman Dean American University Washington College of Law
- Peter Masciola Chief Defense Counsel Department of Defense->Office of Military Commissions
- Michelle M. Lindo McCluer Executive Director National Institute of Military Justice
- Lawrence Morris Chief Prosecutor Department of Defense->Office of Military Commissions
More Videos From
Nat'l Inst. of Military Justice at American Univ.: "Military Cmsn. Practice"
- Military Commission Practice and Jurisprudence
- Military Commission Discovery Issues
- The Future of Military Commissions
Military Commission Practice and Jurisprudence
Major General John D. Altenburg, Jr. talked about military commission practice and jurisprudence. This was the…
Military Commission Discovery Issues
A panel discussion was held on discovery and evidentiary issues of military commissions. They talked about the…
The Future of Military Commissions
The panel focused on the implication of President Obama’s election on military commissions, specifically the…
Fort Hood Prosecution Strategy
Military justice experts spoke about operations of the military justice system and answered questions about the…