Global Economic Outlook
Witnesses testified about the financial stability and prospects for improvements in the global economy, focusing on outlook, risks, and implications for policy.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Timothy D. Adams Managing Director Lindsey Group
- Simon Johnson Senior Fellow Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Brad W. Setser Fellow Council on Foreign Relations->Geoeconomics
- Mark R. Warner U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
- Lamar Alexander U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Kent Conrad U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Lindsey Graham U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Judd Alan Gregg U.S. Senator [R] New Hampshire
- Jeff Merkley U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
- Bernie Sanders U.S. Senator [I] Vermont
- Debbie Stabenow U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Sheldon Whitehouse U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
Economic Recovery Package
Senator Kent Conrad talked about the Democratic plan for economic stimulus after a special Democratic caucus.
Global Living Standards
A panel discussion was held on the global nature of the current financial crisis and its effects on the standard of…
U.S. Impact on Global Economy
Simon Johnson talked about his recent Atlantic Monthly piece, “The Quiet Coup,” which looks at the U.S.…
Outlook for the World Economy
Two former chief economists of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) offered opposing forecasts for the world economy…