Conference on Economic Stimulus Legislation
The House and Senate conference committee met to negotiate final changes to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Members of the… read more
The House and Senate conference committee met to negotiate final changes to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Members of the conference were Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI), Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), Senator Thad Cochran (R-MS), Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA), Congressman David Obey (D-WI), Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY),Congressman Henry Waxman (D-CA), Congressman Jerry Lewis (R-CA), Congressman Dave Camp (R-MI). close
People in this video
- Thad Cochran U.S. Senator [R] Mississippi
- Chuck Grassley U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Daniel K. Inouye U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Jerry Lewis U.S. Representative [R] California
- David R. Obey U.S. Representative [D] Wisconsin
- Charles B. Rangel U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Henry Waxman U.S. Representative [D] California
White House Health Care Summit Closing
President Obama made closing remarks at the White House Forum on Health Reform. Following brief remarks he…
Economic Recovery Package
Democratic Senate leaders talked about the Democratic plan for economic stimulus after a special Democratic caucus.
Democratic Senators on Economic Recovery
Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid spoke to the press after the weekly luncheon policy meeting. He talked about…
Economic Stimulus Appropriations Markup, Part 2
Members debated and proposed amendments to proposed economic stimulus legislation.