Lincoln Memorial 200th Birthday Ceremony
A ceremony “Commemorating the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of President Abraham Lincoln” was held by the National Park… read more
A ceremony “Commemorating the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of President Abraham Lincoln” was held by the National Park Service and the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission on the plaza of the Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall. Wreaths were laid and school children recited the Gettysburg Address.
Entertainment included nineteenth century popular and patriotic music performed by military bands. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Coughlin, Daniel P. Chaplain U.S. House of Representatives
- Durbin, Richard "Dick" J. U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Feinstein, Michael Entertainer
- Giovanni, Nikki Poet
- Holzer, Harold Co-Chairman Lincoln (Abraham) Bicentennial Commission
- Salazar, Ken Secretary Department of the Interior
- Schaeffer, Ken Commander in Chief Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the U.S.
- Williams, Frank J. Commissioner Lincoln (Abraham) Bicentennial Commission
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Congressional Celebration of Lincoln's 200th Birthday
President Obama and congressional leaders gathered in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda for a ceremony marking the 200th…
Book Discussion on The Lincoln Family Album
Actors Liam Neeson and Holly Hunter portrayed Abraham and Mary Lincoln. The performance included the intimate…
Emancipation Proclamation as a Legal Document
A panel discussion was held on the Emancipation Proclamation as a legal document. Frank Williams talked about the…
Lincoln Memorial Rededication
The Lincoln Memorial was rededicated to mark the 2009 bicentennial of President Abraham Lincoln’s birth. The…