Stimulus Spending Accountability
A hearing was held on the safeguards the federal government would use to ensure aggressive oversight, transparency, and accountability of… read more
A hearing was held on the safeguards the federal government would use to ensure aggressive oversight, transparency, and accountability of the $787 billion of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
The focus was on ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to prevent cost overruns as agencies enter into contracts to spend ARRA funds, that strict oversight of contractor performance occurs, that grant conditions are met, and that fraud is promptly prosecuted. Also examined was presenting quick and accurate information about how the funds are being spent so that taxpayers may follow the process and determine if their money is being spent wisely and effectively. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dodaro, Eugene "Gene" L. Comptroller General (Acting) Government Accountability Office
- Fong, Phyllis K. Chair Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficieny
- Nabors, Robert L. II Deputy Director Office of Management and Budget
- Burris, Roland U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Collins, Susan M. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Lieberman, Joseph "Joe" U.S. Senator [I] Connecticut
- McCaskill, Claire U.S. Senator [D] Missouri
- Tester, Jon U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- Voinovich, George V U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
Bipartisan Jobs Creation Act
Senators Claire McCaskill (D-MO) and Susan Collins (R-ME) spoke to reporters about their legislation, the Bipartisan…
Committee members heard testimony on the impact of unfunded federal mandates on state and local government and the…
Preventing Stimulus Spending Fraud
Panelists testified at a hearing on economic stimulus funds spending and fraud prevention.
Homeland Security 2012 Budget
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano testified on her department’s fiscal year 2012 budget proposal.