Regulation of Securities Markets, Part 2
Former Security and Exchange commissioners testified about investor protection and the regulation of securities markets. They focused on the modernization of the entire financial regulatory system as well as specific securities issues.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Paul S. Atkins Commissioner (Designate) Securities and Exchange Commission
- Richard C. Breeden Chairman (Former) Securities and Exchange Commission
- Arthur Levitt Chairman (Former) Securities and Exchange Commission
- Bob Corker U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Christopher "Chris" J. Dodd U.S. Senator [D] Connecticut
- Richard C. Shelby U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Mark R. Warner U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
More Videos From
Senate Banking Committee: Regulation of Securities MarketsMore Videos
Credit Markets and the Economy
Witnesses testified about turmoil and failures in the U.S. credit markets, federal plans to provided assistance to…
Accounting and Investor Protection
Former Securities and Exchange Commission chairmen testified about accounting practices and protecting stock market…
U.S. Securities and Exchange Nomination
Mr. Levitt testified concerning his qualifications to become a member of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Bank Industry Restructuring
In the 15th hearing on proposals to modernize the financial system, the committee heard testimony from Mr. Breeden…