Health and Human Services Secretary Nomination Hearing
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius testified about her nomination to be secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. In… read more
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius testified about her nomination to be secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. In her remarks she spoke about health care reform saying the Obama administration sought to ensure all Americans had access to health care insurance. She said the proposals would allow insurers to compete with a government plan, but would not mandate insurance for all adults.
She was introduced by former Senator Bob Dole. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Baucus, Max U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- Cantwell, Maria U.S. Senator [D] Washington
- Carper, Thomas "Tom" R. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Enzi, Michael "Mike" B. U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Grassley, Charles "Chuck" E. U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Nelson, Bill U.S. Senator [D] Florida
- Roberts, Pat U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Schumer, Charles E. U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Snowe, Olympia J. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Stabenow, Debbie U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Wyden, Ronald "Ron" Lee U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
Salute to Bob Dole
Former Republican senator and presidential candidate Bob Dole was honored for his career ins public…
Health and Human Services 2013 Budget
Secretary Sebelius testified about the fiscal year 2013 Health and Human Services budget.
Fiscal Year 2014 Health and Human Services Budget Request
Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified on the Health and Human Services Department fiscal year 2014 budget request…
Senate Finance Committee C-3 Portion: TARP Oversight