Sustainability of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
The Senate Special Aging Committee held a hearing on the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), the government agency that provides… read more
The Senate Special Aging Committee held a hearing on the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), the government agency that provides retirement benefits when employers' default on those commitments. Topics included challenges the agency may face as a result of the weakened U.S. auto industry. Former corporation director Charles Millard was questioned about contracts with Wall Street investors. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Rebecca Anne Batts Inspector General Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Barbara D. Bovbjerg Director Government Accountability Office->Education, Workforce and Income Security Issues
- Charles E. F. Millard Director
- Dallas L. Salisbury President and CEO Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Vince Snowbarger Acting Director Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Herbert "Herb" H. Kohl U.S. Senator [D] Wisconsin
- Mel Martinez U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- Claire McCaskill U.S. Senator [D] Missouri
Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC) Oversight
Chairman Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) Panel One Joshua Gotbaum, director, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)…
Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
A hearing was held on the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), which provides basic pension benefits to workers…
Nursing Home Accountability
A joint hearing of the Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights Subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee…
Seniors and Reverse Mortgages
Witnesses from consumer advocate groups, the loan industry, and family members testified about the growth of reverse…