Presidential Remarks on Fatherhood and Mentoring
President Obama spoke at a town hall style meeting in the East Room about the importance of fatherhood and the need for fathers to take an… read more
President Obama spoke at a town hall style meeting in the East Room about the importance of fatherhood and the need for fathers to take an active role in their children’s lives. He also spoke about fatherhood and mentoring programs, as well as other community resources to strengthen families and provide role models for youth. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Artero, Juan Carlos Participant Year Up
- Biden, Joseph "Joe" R. Jr. U.S. Vice President [D] United States
- Jones, Joe Jr. Founder Center for Urban Families
- Laas, Mike Owner Bettendorf
- Lehnen, John Chief Quartermaster U.S. Navy
- Obama, Barack U.S. President [D] United States
- Strautmanis, Michael Adviser White House->Office of Public Engagement
- Thomas, Etan Professional Athlete
More Videos From
White House EventsMore Videos
Greek Independence Day
President Obama and Vice President Biden delivered remarks to commemorate Greek Independence Day.
White House Fiscal Responsibility Summit
President Obama and others spoke to members of Congress, senior administration officials, business leaders, policy…
Middle Class Working Families Task Force
President Obama announced the formation of a Middle Class Working Families Task Force to be chaired by Vice President…
Presidential Remarks on the Economy and Jobs
President Obama delivered remarks on jobs and the economy to a delegation from the U.S. Conference of Mayors.