Witnesses testified about proposals to establish high-speed rail lines. Among the issues they addressed were the high cost estimates… read more
Witnesses testified about proposals to establish high-speed rail lines. Among the issues they addressed were the high cost estimates associated with the proposals, environmental and economic benefits of high-speed rail lines, and improvements needed to coordinate federal and state efforts to create high-speed rail corridors. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eckels, Robert Chair Texas High-Speed Rail and Transportation Corp.
- Fleming, Susan Director Government Accountability Office->Physical Infrastructure Issues
- Hutchison, Kay Bailey U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Lautenberg, Frank R. U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Rendell, Edward "Ed" G. Governor Pennsylvania
- Rockefeller, John "Jay" D. IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Skancke, Tom Commissioner National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Cmsn.
- Szabo, Joseph C. Administrator Federal Railroad Administration
- Thune, John R. U.S. Senator [R] South Dakota
- Udall, Tom U.S. Senator [D] New Mexico
Freight and Passenger Rail Safety
In reaction to recent rail accidents in Connecticut and Missouri, witnesses testified at a hearing on ways to improve…
Amtrak and Federal Railroad Adminstration Funding
Witnesses testified about proposed fiscal 2011 appropriations for rail transportation programs and…
Amtrak 2012 Budget
The Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Subcommittee of the Senate Appropriations…
Stimulus Spending on Transportation Programs
Witnesses testified about federal stimulus spending on transportation projects and the rate at which funding has been…