Nuclear Weapons Summit
Members of the Global Zero Commission talked about the future of nuclear weapons reductions by the U.S. and Russia. Topics included… read more
Members of the Global Zero Commission talked about the future of nuclear weapons reductions by the U.S. and Russia. Topics included the recommendations that the Presidents of the U.S. and Russia to reduce the number of nuclear weapons down to zero by 2030. They answered questions from the audience.
The Global Zero Commission is a group of political and military leaders from the U.S. and Russia. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Shankar Bajpai Secretary (Former) India->External Affairs
- Alexander Bessmertnykh Foreign Minister (Former) U.S.S.R.
- Richard Burt Ambassador (Former) United States->Germany
- Galit Gun Director Global Zero Commission->Campaign
- Shaharyar Khan Foreign Secretary (Former) Pakistan
- W. Anthony Lake Adviser (Former) White House->National Security Council
- Thomas R. Pickering Ambassador (Former) United States->Russian Republic
- Yukio Satoh Ambassador (Former) Japan->United States
- Evgeny Velikhov Nuclear Scientist
- Jianmin Wu Ambassador (Former) China->United Nations
U.S.-Russia Nuclear Arms Negotiations
Peter Baker moderated a discussion on the future of U.S.-Russia relations and the priorities of each nation as the…
Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty Signing Reaction
Global Zero leaders reacted to the President Obama’s signing of the new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START)…
New START Treaty
Current and former U.S. diplomats talked about both the 2010 Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty (START), as well as an…
U.S.-Russia Summit Evaluation
Participants talked about the recent summit between President Bush and President Putin which resulted in a sweeping…