Detainees and Military Commissions, Panel 2
The Senate Armed Services Committee held a hearing on legal issues regarding military commissions and the trial of detainees for violations… read more
The Senate Armed Services Committee held a hearing on legal issues regarding military commissions and the trial of detainees for violations of the law of war.
Experts on military commissions testified about trying suspected terrorists in civilian courts, the process and procedures used by military tribunals, and rules of evidence.
* Rear Adm. John D. Hutson - former judge advocate general of the Navy
* Maj. Gen. John D. Altenburg Jr. - former appointing authority for military commissions
* Daniel Marcus - fellow in law and government, Washington College of Law, American University close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John D. Altenburg Jr. Major General (Retired) U.S. Army
- John D. Hutson Judge Advocate General (Former) U.S. Navy
- Daniel Marcus Fellow American University->Washington College of Law
- Mark Begich U.S. Senator [D] Alaska
- Lindsey Graham U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Carl Levin U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
More Videos From
Senate Armed Services Committee: Detainees and Military Commissions
The Senate Armed Services Committee held the first in a series of hearings to examine the future of military…
Sexual Assaults in the Military, Panel 3
Legal experts testified on pending legislation on sexual assault in the military. Among the issues they addresses…
Detainees and Military Commissions, Panel 1
The Senate Armed Services Committee held a hearing on legal issues regarding military commissions and the trial of…
Military Commission Practice and Jurisprudence
Major General John D. Altenburg, Jr. talked about military commission practice and jurisprudence. This was the…