Transit officials testified about budget concerns and funding needs of transit agencies to ensure their systems remain safe, efficient and modern.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Catoe General Manager Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Daniel K. Akaka U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Carole L. Brown Chairman and President Chicago Transit Authority
- Robert "Bob" Menendez U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Peter Rogoff Administrator Federal Transit Administration
- Richard Sarles Executive Director New Jersey Transit Corporation
- Beverly A. Scott Chair American Public Transportation Assn.
- Richard C. Shelby U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
Public Transportation Safety
Government officials and regulators testified about public transportation safety. They focused on subway and light…
Hurricane Sandy Recovery Efforts
Federal government and New York City and New Jersey transportation system officials testified on the damage done by…
Transportation Infrastructure Repair
Officials from Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Dallas, and the Federal Transit Administration testified on the repairs…
Book Discussion on The Further Adventures of a Lucky Dog
Dirk Wales talked about his book The Further Adventures of a Lucky Dog: Owney, U.S. Rail Mail Mascot (Great Plains…