Regional Airline Safety
Pilots and airline executives testified on the relationship between national and regional airlines and what responsibilities the national… read more
Pilots and airline executives testified on the relationship between national and regional airlines and what responsibilities the national carriers have in overseeing the safety of regional airlines. Among the topics they addressed were safety standards applied by major airlines to regional carriers, inspection routines, and pilot competencey standards, compensation, and fatigue.
This was the third in a series of hearings on aviation safety. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Peter Bowler President and CEO American Eagle Airlines
- Stephen Dickson Senior Vice President Delta Airlines Inc.->Flight Operations
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Kay Bailey Hutchison U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Johnny Isakson U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Mike Johanns U.S. Senator [R] Nebraska
- John R. Thune U.S. Senator [R] South Dakota
- Philip Trenary President and CEO Pinnacle Airlines
Witnesses testified on the effect of pilot fatigue on commercial airline operations safety. The hearing was held…
Randolph Babbitt, administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), testified on FAA safety…
Air Traffic Control Safety Oversight
Air transportation officials and a sleep expert testified on the recent incidents of controllers sleeping during…
Government and industry officials testified on the pending merger between US Airways and American Airlines.