Members of a National Academies of Medicine committee on childhood obesity presented their recommendations from a report titled,… read more
Members of a National Academies of Medicine committee on childhood obesity presented their recommendations from a report titled, “Local Government Actions to Prevent Childhood Obesity,” and they answered reporters' questions at a public briefing. They talked about programs for localities to promote healthy eating and exercise as preventative measures for childhood obesity. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Salerno, Judy Executive Officer National Academies->Institute of Medicine
- Sanchez, Eduardo M.D. Chief Medical Officer Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas
- Story, Mary Professor University of Minnesota->Health Policy
- Troutman, Adewale M.D. Physician
- Yancey, Antronette M.D. Professor University of California, Los Angeles->Health Services
International Swine Flu Conference, Part 2
The International Swine Flu Conference addressed best practices prepare for, respond to, and survive a pandemic.
Global Climate Change Legislation
State lawmakers spoke to reporters outside the White House about proposed energy legislation and its prospects for job…
Book Discussion on The End of Overeating
Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner David Kessler talked about his book The End of Overeating: Taking…
First Lady Michelle Obama talked at the National Governor’s Association Winter Meeting about childhood…