Financial Markets and Regulatory Reform
House Republican Committee leaders spoke to reporters about financial markets and the need for regulatory reform. They called for an end to bailouts of the financial sector and spoke about their opposition to creating new regulatory bureaucracies.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Capito, Shelley Moore U.S. Representative [R] West Virginia
- Hensarling, Jeb U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Lucas, Frank D. U.S. Representative [R] Oklahoma
- Neugebauer, Randy U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Price, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- Royce, Edward "Ed" U.S. Representative [R] California
Secretary Geithner on Regulation of Financial Markets
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner testified about the Obama administration’s plan to give the government…
Banking Officials on Regulation of Financial Markets
Administration officials and banking regulators testified about the Obama administration’s plan to give the…
Secretary Geithner on Financial Industry Regulations
The House Financial Services Committee heard testimony on a bill to eliminate systemic risk and provide for prudential…