Public Awareness and Education
Panelists at a day-long conference on distracted driving focused on public safety education and awareness programs. Among the topics… read more
Panelists at a day-long conference on distracted driving focused on public safety education and awareness programs. Among the topics they addressed were the use of cellular devices while driving, child safety, and changing dangerous driving behaviors, and building public-private educational partnerships.
Following the panel Secretary LaHood made closing comments. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Janet Froetscher President and CEO National Safety Council
- Charles Hurley Chief Executive Officer Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Ray LaHood Secretary Department of Transportation
- Adrian Lund Chief Operating Officer Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Ron Medford Associate Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.
- Ann Shoket Editor in Chief Seventeen Magazine
- Sandy Spavone Executive Director National Organizations for Youth Safety
More Videos From
U.S. Department of TransportationMore Videos
Distracted Driving Summit, Opening Remarks
Secretaries LaHood and Solis spoke at a distracted driving summit on efforts at the national, state and local level to…
Distracted Driving Summit, Legislative Initiatives
Panelists spoke at a distracted driving summit on efforts at the national, state and local level to reduce potentially…
Distracted Driving Challenges
Panelists talked about confronting distracted driving challenges. They focused on issues such as employer and…
Unintended Acceleration in Toyota Cars
Secretary LaHood and other officials spoke to reporters and answered questions about a study of reported unintended…