Reaction to Passage of Stupak Amendment
Representative Burt Stupak (D-MI) and others talked about the passage of the Stupak amendment to apply federal prohibition on abortion funding to health care reform bill. The amendment passed the House in a bipartisan vote of 240 to 194.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dahlkemper, Kathleen "Kathy" A. U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Ellsworth, Brad U.S. Representative [D] Indiana
- Kaptur, Marcia "Marcy" U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Pitts, Joseph "Joe" U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Smith, Christopher "Chris" H. U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Stupak, Bart U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
The House debated and passed health reform legislation by a vote of 220-215. One Republican, Rep. Joseph Cao…
The House has passed the Senate version of health care legislation by a vote of 219 to 212.
The House has passed both…
Representative Bart Stupak on Abortion Language in Health Care Bill
Representative Stupak and other House Democratic members spoke to reporters about their decision to vote for health…