Book Discussion on Mike Bloomberg
Joyce Purnick talked about her book Mike Bloomberg: Money, Power, Politics (PublicAffairs; September 22, 2009). In her biography she traced… read more
Joyce Purnick talked about her book Mike Bloomberg: Money, Power, Politics (PublicAffairs; September 22, 2009). In her biography she traced the life of Michael Bloomberg from child to businessman to self-made billionaire to the 108th mayor of New York City. Then she studied his record and his efforts to overturn the city’s two-term limit to win a third term as mayor. Ms. Purnick was joined by her husband Max Frankel. They responded to questions from members of the audience.
Ms. Purnick joined the New York Times in 1979 after writing for the New York Post and New York magazine. She has served in a range of positions, including head of the Metro department. In 1999 she decided to return to writing the “Metro Matters” column. She has covered six New York City mayors.
Max Frankel was executive editor of the New York Times from 1986 to 1994. He worked at the newspaper for fifty years, and is the author of The Times of My Life and My Life with the Times
This event of the 26th Miami Book Fair International took place Saturday, November 14, 2009, 12:30 p.m., in Room 3208/3209 of Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Max Frankel Executive Editor (Former) New York Times
- David V. Lyons Editor-in-Chief Daily Business Review
- Joyce Purnick Author
More Videos From
2009 MIAMI BOOK FAIR INTERNATIONAL
- Book Discussion on The Clinton Tapes
- Book Discussion on The Breakthrough
- Book Discussion on Strength in What Remains
- 2009 Miami Book Fair International, Saturday
- Book Discussion on America, The Owner's Manual
- Book Discussion on Mike Bloomberg
- Book Discussion on Barney Frank
- Book Discussion on American Original and The Will of the People
- Book Discussion on The Long Sixties
- Book Discussion on In Confidence
Panel Discussion on American History
Nathaniel Philbrick, author of Bunker Hill: A City, A Siege, A Revolution, and Brenda Wineapple, author of Ecstatic…
2013 Miami Book Fair International, Saturday
Book TV was live at the Miami Book Fair International, held on the campus of Miami Dade College on November 23-24, 2013.
Mr. Frankel talked about his book High Noon in the Cold War: Kennedy, Khrushchev, and the Cuban Missile Crisis,…
Book Discussion on Of Mule and Man
Mike Farrell talked about his book Of Mule and Men (Akashic Books; May 1, 2009). This event of the 26th Miami Book Fair…