Politics and Culture Panel
Authors talked about their books on politics and culture. They responded to questions from members of the audience. George Packer is… read more
Authors talked about their books on politics and culture. They responded to questions from members of the audience.
George Packer is the author of Interesting Times: Writings from a Turbulent Decade (Farrar, Straus and Giroux; November 10, 2009). Chris Hedges is the author of Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (Nation Books; July 13, 2009). Sam Tanenhaus is the author of The Death of Conservatism (Random House, 2009).
“Political History/Cultural Analysis,” an event of the 26th Miami Book Fair International, took place Sunday, November 15, 2009, 12:00 p.m., in the Chapman Conference Center of Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus.
Included in program ID 289996-1. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles Chapman Member Miami Book Fair International->Friends of the Fair Committee
- Chris Hedges Distinguished Fellow (Former) Princeton University->American Studies
- George Packer Staff Writer New Yorker Magazine
- Barbara Skigen Co-Chairman Miami Book Fair International
- Sam Tanenhaus Editor New York Times Book Review
More Videos From
2009 MIAMI BOOK FAIR INTERNATIONAL
- Politics and Culture Panel
- Israel Panel
- Book Discussion on Why Are Jews Liberals?
- Norman Podhoretz Interview
- 2009 Miami Book Fair International, Sunday
Book Discussion on The Clinton Tapes
Taylor Branch talked about his book The Clinton Tapes: Wrestling History with the President (Simon & Schuster;…
Panel on Censorship
Panelists from PEN American Center spoke about censorship. Sam Tannenhaus moderated. Ms. Menendez…
Book Discussion on The Conscience of a Liberal
Paul Krugman talked about his book The Conscience of a Liberal, published by W.W. Norton. In his book he argues…
Book Discussion on Common Ground
Cal Thomas talked about the book he wrote with Bob Beckel, Common Ground: How to Stop the Partisan War That Is…