Sugar Quotas & Central American Economic Development
The subcommittee hears testimony on revising United States debt and sugar import policies. It also reviews present economic assistance programs in Central America.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Elliott Abrams Assistant Secretary Department of State->Inter-American Affairs
- Richard Goldberg Undersecretary (Acting) Department of Agriculture
- Gilberto Goldstein Representative Honduras Sugar Assn.
- Alvin Hansen Representative Farmer's Sugar Cooperative
- James B. Hurlock Representative White and Case
- Pedro-Pablo Kuczynski Representative First Boston Intl.
- David R. Melpass Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Francis S. Morgan Representative Hamakua Sugar Company
- William F. Mullan Representative Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
- Jack H. Vaughn Ambassador (Former) United States->Panama
Opening Foreign Markets to U.S. Trade
Witnesses testified about opening foreign markets to U.S. trade and breaking down trade barriers with emphasis on…
Competing in Global Markets
The 19th annual Washington Conference of the Council of the Americas is entitled “Latin America in the…
Latin America in the 1990's
Latin America Debt Crisis