Sugar Quotas & Central American Economic Development
The subcommittee hears testimony on revising United States debt and sugar import policies. It also reviews present economic assistance programs in Central America.
People in this video
- Abrams, Elliott Assistant Secretary Department of State->Inter-American Affairs
- Goldberg, Richard Undersecretary (Acting) Department of Agriculture
- Goldstein, Gilberto Representative Honduras Sugar Assn.
- Hansen, Alvin Representative Farmer's Sugar Cooperative
- Hurlock, James B. Representative White and Case
- Kuczynski, Pedro-Pablo Representative First Boston Intl.
- Melpass, David R. Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Morgan, Francis S. Representative Hamakua Sugar Company
- Mullan, William F. Representative Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
- Vaughn, Jack H. Ambassador (Former) United States->Panama
Opening Foreign Markets to U.S. Trade
Witnesses testified about opening foreign markets to U.S. trade and breaking down trade barriers with emphasis on…
Competing in Global Markets
The 19th annual Washington Conference of the Council of the Americas is entitled “Latin America in the…
Latin America in the 1990's
Latin America Debt Crisis