First Lady Michelle Obama talked at the National Governor’s Association Winter Meeting about childhood obesity.
Drs. Atul Gawande and Jack Cochran talked about health care reform.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carcieri, Donald L. Governor [R] Rhode Island
- Cochran, Jack M.D. Executive Director Kaiser Permanente
- Douglas, James "Jim" H. Governor Vermont
- Gawande, Atul A. M.D. Surgeon Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Lingle, Linda Governor Hawaii
- Lynch, John Governor [D] New Hampshire
- Obama, Michelle First Lady United States
- Patrick, Deval L. Governor Massachusetts
- Pawlenty, Tim Governor [R] Minnesota
More Videos From
NGA Annual Winter Meeting
Health Care and the Economy
Vermont Governor James Douglas and West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin talked about health care and the…
States and the Post-Recession Economy
Mark Zandi and Alan R. Mulally spoke to governors about the business environment in the states, impact of the economic…
Technology and Energy Alternatives
The topic of the closing plenary session was, “Breakthrough Energy Technologies.” Former CIA director James…
Federal Government and Competitiveness
At a plenary session of the winter meeting Rep. Gordon, chairman of the House Science and Technology Committee,…